O’Connor Connective is Hiring: Strategic Communications Consultant
O’Connor Connective has an exciting opportunity for a senior-level communications professional with exceptional writing, communication and marketing skills to support our growing client base. This immediate full-time opening for Strategic Communications Consultant is an important part of our strategic marketing and communications consultancy.
The Strategic Communications Consultant is front-facing, serving as a lead consultant for selected O’Connor Connective clients. This role’s top priority is ensuring our clients’ success. The ideal candidate has a background in corporate communications and marketing, with a focus on internal communications, organizational culture and employee communication impacting recruitment/retention. The ideal candidate also has significant experience in creating strategies and managing communication during times of change and transition (mergers/acquisitions, restructuring, rebranding, etc.).
Outside of client management responsibilities, the Strategic Communications Consultant also shares in the responsibility of business development and ensuring O’Connor Connective is an active and engaged member of the Greater Green Bay community. The Strategic Communications Consultant is a thought-leader in the areas of communication and strategy, staying in front of industry trends and topics.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Serve as primary communications strategist for select clients. Provide counsel and strategic communications recommendations. Support implementation of strategies—sometimes independently and sometimes with other members of the O’Connor Connective team.
- Conduct organizational and marketing/communications audits and provide strategic recommendations to achieve growth goals.
- Create positioning and marketing strategies that will drive messaging to aid in client growth objectives, including but not limited to areas of internal communication, organizational culture, employee recruitment/retention and change communication.
- Serve as brand strategist for clients, including re-branding, brand refresh and ensuring brand integrity.
- Create recommendations for clients on mission, vision and values creation or adjustment, based on audits and organizational objectives.
- Write for a variety of communications—including feature stories, web copy, brochures, etc.—in alignment with the voice and key messages of client brands and the strategy and plans prepared by O’Connor Connective.
- Lead media relations efforts for clients. Independently or with O’Connor Connective team members, cultivate media relationships, write releases, pitch stories and track media outcomes. Support internal/client spokespersons to ensure messaging and delivery aligns with strategy.
- Serve as communications and strategy coach to senior-level executives. Provide communication recommendations to assist in messaging to key audiences. Includes message refinement, vision setting and adjustment of style/method/delivery.
- Facilitate client meetings, planning sessions and retreats.
- Establish metrics to measure strategy outcomes.
- As needed, provide, independently or with O’Connor Connective team members, art direction and brand authenticity through managing creative outlets (design, photography, videography).
- Edit and proofread materials including proposals, reports and client communications.
- Create strategic social media plans and manage implementation.
- Lead crisis communication strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Advertising or Journalism; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in a formal communications role, preferable in corporate communications or agency. Prior consulting experience preferred.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills, including abilities in presentation, facilitation and daily front-facing client communications.
- Exceptional written communication skills, including the ability to write for various outlets (internal, external, web, emails, newsletters, letters, social, etc.).
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including the ability to write clearly and succinctly. Fluency in AP style desired.
- Experience in creating and managing social media strategies using a variety of platforms.
- Exceptional planning, project management and coordination skills.
- Experience in communicating to various audiences (various industries, organization/team sizes, various management levels including senior executives, various departments including human resources and marketing, etc.)
- Experience with or understanding of marketing theory/strategy.
- Experience in creating and implementing marketing strategy.
- Experience with metrics and reporting.
- Experience with creative direction, including print, digital, photography and video.
- A proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently and lead client relationships.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of team members, clients and colleagues in all capacities.
- Strong ability to think creatively, solve problems, set priorities and work under pressure.
Send cover letter (including salary requirements), resume and writing samples to email@example.com by July 14, 2017.