O’Connor Connective Hiring Communications Specialist
O’Connor Connective has an exciting opportunity for a personable, upbeat and organized communications professional with exceptional writing, communication and digital marketing skills to support our growing client base in the thriving New North of Wisconsin — and beyond.
This immediate full-time opening for the position of Communications Specialist will be an important addition to our strategic marketing communications consultancy. It is the perfect opportunity for an individual who has exceptional organization, writing and digital skills and a willingness to pitch in wherever and whenever needed for team success.
As a Communications Specialist, you will not only contribute to clients’ success and profitability but will also grow in your own knowledge of strategic marketing communications execution and client services as you assist our team daily.
- Write for a variety of communications—including feature stories, web copy, brochures, media releases, social media and more—in alignment with the voice and key messages of client brands and the strategy and plans prepared by O’Connor Connective.
- Proofread and edit materials, including client proposals, contracts, reports and general communications.
- Execute social media plans and manage social media via multiple platforms for clients.
- Coordinate digital marketing efforts, including SEO, online ad placements and monitor and analyze activity (ex: Facebook ads, Google AdWords).
- Coordinate traditional media buys (radio, print), write copy and coordinate design when needed.
- Maintain and expand media relations, including story pitches, to showcase clients on a regional, state and/or national level.
- Set up, manage and analyze marketing results using data and metrics reporting system.
- Research issues, trends and topics of client interest.
- Coordinate with graphic designers, printers, photographers, market researchers and other production partners of O’Connor Connective.
- Assist in service to clients as requested, such as attending client meetings, preparing agendas or reports, or helping consultants in responding to media inquiries.
- Coordinate communication events, including media announcements, open houses and other networking events for O’Connor Connective and its clients.
- Communicate with the O’Connor Connective team on projects regularly to ensure seamless execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Communications, Advertising or Journalism.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a formal communications role.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Experience with or understanding of marketing theory/strategy.
- Experience using social media for business objectives.
- Experience with creating and managing digital marketing.
- Experience with metrics and reporting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign preferred.
- A proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently, while also being a faithful team player who works well with others. Strong ability to set priorities, solve problems and be resourceful under pressure.
Send cover letter (including salary requirements), resume and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 8, 2019.