Created as a place to advance women in business, The Connective now joins the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay in the launch of the Institute for Women’s Leadership.
“Women benefit when they have access to experts and supportive networks when seeking to advance their careers, their organizations, and the economy,” said Bridget Krage O’Connor, owner of O’Connor Connective and its social enterprise, The Connective: A Community for Women in Business. “And now, because of the commitment and leadership of University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, we are excited to announce more will be possible for women in our region!”
In December 2018, O’Connor, announced at the New North Summit her plans for providing support for professional women. The idea centered on bringing experts together for workshops, coaching and networking to advance women who own their own business or are in leadership of organizations. For the past two years, the concept has engaged hundreds of women throughout the Greater Green Bay and Fox Valley regions.
Recently, O’Connor and the University began exchanging ideas and found a common interest in expanding the offerings currently available to women in leadership throughout Northeastern Wisconsin.
“We will now have more resources to allow women to advance in their careers,” said O’Connor. “It’s that simple and that profound. This takes the vision of The Connective to a whole new level and we can’t wait to see what unfolds.”
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay’s Institute for Women’s Leadership will provide certificates, for credit courses, speaker series, conferences and more. Opportunities will be available throughout the University’s reach of Green Bay, Marinette, Manitowoc, Sheboygan and online. [Learn more: University of Wisconsin-Green Bay Launches Institute for Women’s Leadership press release.]
“O’Connor Connective’s consulting in the area of strategic communication provides us a unique lens. Our work with leadership teams often brings to light the challenges women face in professional advancement. And they are, well, simply different than their male counterparts,” said O’Connor. “We believed in 2018 when we launched our social enterprise, The Connective: A Community for Women in Business, that with intentionality, we could help and expand leadership capacities of and opportunities for women. We’ve done that. Now, with the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, so much more can be realized.”
O’Connor owns O’Connor Connective, a strategic communication consulting group. The firm invested in creating The Connective as a social enterprise—an aligned arm of the business that utilized the network of the company to bring together experts in accounting, law, leadership, coaching, finance, communications, human resources and more with a common mission—to advance women in business.
“Now we can reach even more women,” said O’Connor. “It is a great day for women in Wisconsin! We couldn’t be more thrilled to align our efforts with the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay’s Institute for Women’s Leadership.”
- In March 2021, The Connective joins with University of Wisconsin-Green Bay as a lead community partner in the launch of the University’s Institute for Women’s Leadership by merging its offerings for women in business into the Institute.
- Now, more women will receive support as they seek to advance in leading businesses and organizations as the University will provide certificates, for credit courses, speaker series, conferences, research and more. Opportunities will be available throughout Green Bay, Marinette, Manitowoc, Sheboygan and online.
- The collaboration comes following two years of The Connective providing workshops, speakers, and networking for women in business.
- Members and preferred providers of The Connective now have expanded opportunities to remain engaged in offerings now under the coordination of the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay’s Institute for Women’s Leadership.
- The Connective will remain a training arm of O’Connor Connective, focusing on the service areas of the strategic communication firm.
- The Connective location in De Pere will continue to serve as an executive training suite for O’Connor Connective and remain available for daily rentals for meetings and small gatherings.
- O’Connor Connective will serve as a lead community partner for the Institute. Bridget Krage O’Connor will serve on the Institute’s steering committee and will host the “Stories from Experience” speaker series featuring women professional leaders.